Friday, October 8, 2021

Reflection on Assignment 1

Like other concepts in this class I think that it is so amazing that these mathematical ideas have been around for so long and in areas where it is unclear and mysterious how they came to these conclusions. I suppose I enjoy the idea that student that do not necessarily enjoy the typical math classroom, may really take interest in these types of lessons. There is more of a curiosity element to it. I also felt some frustration when trying to solve the ancient way because it was very unclear, which is similar to the feeling that I have when faced with a difficult proof. At the same time I think I would really enjoy having student do a similar activity and teaching similar concepts that we are learning in this class. These historical techniques seem to also appeal to"practical" math, while also having a more personal touch, which many students seem to crave. I hope to help my students appreciate math more with these concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on EDCP 442

It is a little bit hard for me to admit that since high school I have grown to have a much greater appreciation of history. It is hard for m...